Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back at square one

Here is the new prop:




It is a nylon composite reinforced with fiberglass. I got it from Piranha.com which you may visit if you'd like more information than I'll offer here. The biggest advantage (other than resisting deformation during "propeller strike") is the fact that the blades are independently replaceable for about $20.00 a pop. You can see the separation lines in the last picture. This way, if I wreck a blade or two (or perhaps even three), I'm only out $40-$60 rather than $100+ for a new aluminum prop or $300+ for a new stainless prop. I'll continue to update this process as we break it in (no pun intended). And now a promotional video:



This is a video of the piranha gang running over a log with both a metal prop and their composite prop to show off how cool it is. I don't know about you but, after that video, I'm just itchin' to find me a big log chained to the bottom of the lake...

2 comments:

The F***ing Fun Family said...

way to do your homework Benton. Looks like a nice one.

desert dispatches said...

Outstanding decision making, brother!

Followers