Sunday, November 13, 2011

FIRE CREW


I just finished my husband, Ben Walters, first book.  I read the final proof before it is actually published and for sale.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am not an avid book reader.  I like to read magazines and blogs.  Simple, short, and to the point.  Instant gratification!  I maybe read 1 – 4 actual books, all the way through, per year.  I start many books but lose interest quickly, unless they are outstanding!  Ben tries to get me to read books all of the time.  Like my mother and my sister, he reads more like 1-4 books per week!  Also, when I find an outstanding book, worthy of finishing, I will have an extremely hard time putting it down and will have it devoured in a couple of days.

 I read Ben’s book in two days.  And would have finished it in one had I not absolutely needed some sleep so I could make it through my next 12 hour night shift at work.  I am beyond proud of this work!  I am proud to say I am married to the person that wrote it!  It is so candid and so much Ben!  He is absolutely exceptional in getting across the way he felt in all the moments of his life at the time.  It made me envious of the people that got to have all that fun with him.  Ben makes you feel like you want to be there too.  Oh man, if only we were eighteen again!

 If you are reading this, it is now available for sale on Amazon.  All immediate family will receive a copy of it for Christmas (Moms, Dads, Granny’s, Grandpas, Sisters, Brothers, and Offspring, and Step-offspring). So please wait for us to give, or send, one to you.  If you cannot wait I guess you will buy one from Amazon and we will also send, or give, you (a signed) one too. Whatever!  Beyond that we really cannot afford to give it away to everyone.  I am sorry! I am especially sorry because it is that good!

2 comments:

The F***ing Fun Family said...

Who's the man? You are Ben,I'm so proud of you. What is the extent of my reading habits,probably Warning Signs. So Julie you read much more than I. But I will read my copy of Fire Crew. Looking froward to it!!!

desert dispatches said...

Looks great! Congrats, writing a book is no small feat!

Followers