Saturday, November 12, 2011

TOYS TO REMEMBER


I was just thinking about Christmas, being the owner of two kids and all. I was thinking about childhood toys. At first I was on a quest to find some cool vintage toys, I liked playing with, that maybe some of these new humans would like. Then I remembered, especially after seeing the kind of dough people think these things are worth, you can't push this stuff on these new kids. This really cool stuff that we cherished so much, they probably will not. And then we would just be disappointed in them. Plus there really are a lot of really cool toys these days!
First Photo: "Dolly Pops" Sooooo Cool. Good church toy. Loved Them!
Second Photo: "Moppets, Moppets, Moppets Secret Dollhouse" Do you remember the song? Definitely one of my favorite toys!!!!
P.S. Do not think I do not remember all of the barbies. But they are their own subject! They cannot be lumped in with the likes of these one hit wonders!
Tara, do you remember those Hello Kitty and My Melody dolls we had that were sort of like paper dolls, but made from that flat puffy plastic? I spotted some puffy plastic stickers, but not the dolls. Maybe they were just a dream. Let me know.

2 comments:

The F***ing Fun Family said...

I'm not sure but I think I remember something like a Moppets skirt being used as a blanket around our Christmas tree stand.

desert dispatches said...

Not a dream! I remember the plastic "paper" dolls, also remember the "The Littles" victorian dollhouses? They cost a fortune in ebay! I have been looking for a Moppet, or Baby Moppet like I had...no luck! Remember Fashion Plates? And the Barbies we had could be an entire blog of it's own!!! I love looking up all of these cool old toys!!!

Followers