Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A taste of things to come

I've got my "Russell Gun" (read Mosin-Nagant) taken apart as I am anticipating the arrival of my new stock.  The bolt has been shipped to the old man for customization (bent-bolt procedure) and the barrel will be taken to the local gunsmith to be shortened (docked 6-7") and re-crowned.  I should receive the new stock soon and I'll proceed to post updates and video tutorials on how to pillar bed the new stock and float the barrel for increased accuracy.  The final step will be mounting a scope and taking it to the range.  Here are pictures of the break down:




- benton

2 comments:

desert dispatches said...

Thanks! As soon as I send Dad a check he's going to get one for me, so this will be the summer of the Russell Gun!!!!!

The F***ing Fun Family said...

Summer of the Russell Gun. I love it. I am going to buy one of those Romanian ammo tins (440 rounds). So no one needs to buy ammo. Good times!

Followers