Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Benton's Jazz II: Sous Vide Ribeye

This will be my last food post for the time being, so please, bear with me. I promised Julie that I'd post the results of my experimental sous vide style ribeye, so this is my follow through. I put the meat in the sous vide crock-pot at 8pm at 126 degrees F. Rachel came home at 10:30pm, so I pulled the steak out, seasoned it, and seared it at high heat in my cast iron skillet (exactly one minute per side). I let it rest for another 3 minutes before serving. The picture below speaks for itself. To be honest, I did not expect it to go so well on my first try. Rachel and mom can act as my witnesses that this was the best steak that I personally have ever made. It was melt-in-your-mouth delicious and the only adjective to describe the texture is "silky smooth." I'm still geeking out over how easy it was. Now that we've got this whole thing down, we are going to try several other recipes. Maybe I'll try to make a guest appearance on Julie's blog. :D


No comments:

Followers